Thursday, May 24, 2018
Rethinking Investment Fees
and the “Value for Money” Equation
Investment fees matter for two reasons. One is well known: fees reduce clients’ returns. But this is not the only effect they have—fees also influence your investment manager’s decisions. Lately, institutions from the UK regulator to academic researchers to the world’s largest pension fund have started to pay more attention to the importance of fee structures (not just fee levels). That focus should be welcomed by investors. By developing a better understanding of different fee structures and the incentives they create, we believe clients can improve their chance of finding managers who can deliver long-term value for money.
In this presentation, we:
- Discuss the impact of investment fees
- Introduce the simple, but rarely discussed, concepts of “fee risk” and “value for money”
- Explain the workings of different fee structures, including lesser-known refundable fees
- Unpack the incentives (both good and bad) created by different structures
- Look at recent academic research and global industry trends in the area of fees
- Suggest ways for clients to form a better assessment of their manager’s fees
DATE: Thursday, May 24, 2018
TIME: 12:00pm–1:00pm ET
Daniel Brocklebank, Director and Head of United Kingdom (UK), Orbis Investments
COST ACPM Members - COMPLIMENTARY
Non-Members - $75.00 plus applicable taxes
To Register for this important webinar, please click HERE.
IMPORTANT : IF YOUR REGISTRATION IS COMPLIMENTARY ($0 balance), PLEASE SELECT 'CHEQUE' AS YOUR METHOD OF PAYMENT. Login information will be circulated closer to the date of the webinar.
NOTE: ACPM provides numerous webinars during the year. Become an ACPM Member and they're all FREE. Click HERE for Membership details.