for Plan Member Communications
Whether you have a Defined Benefit or a Defined Contribution (Capital Accumulation) Plan, communicating with plan members is a legislative requirement for Plan Administrators. It can present a big challenge when it comes to ensuring plan members are receiving, reading, understanding, and taking appropriate actions based on the messaging.
The rise of electronic communications in the not so recent past has added another layer of complexity to this topic for Plan Administrators to consider. In some cases, Plan Administrators are even moving towards making electronic communications the default. Traditional paper based communications combined with more modern electronic communications offer options in terms of developing an effective communication strategy for a plan and its members, but many questions may still remain.
- How might you make your member communications more effective?
- How frequently are you communicating and what types of communications are you pushing out?
- What is your default (paper or electronic) and is it the right fit for your membership and is it having the intended impact?
- Are you taking advantage of different communication tactics and focusing on different communication topics?
- Are you looking for ways to evolve your communication strategy and do you understand the do’s and don’ts?
- Do you know your regulatory and legal requirements and are you following best practice standards?
- Do you take into account what plan members “hear” when crafting your messaging?
In this session we will tackle the topic of communication to provide helpful perspective, insight and guidance that can be applied to any communication plan with a focus on both legal and member behavioural issues.You will hear both from a pension legal expert who will discuss the spirit of the legislation concerning plan member communication and from a plan sponsor with experience in developing and evolving their communication plan.
DATE: Wednesday, October 21, 2020
TIME: 12:00 pm to 1:15 pm ET
Blair Richards, CIO, Halifax Port ILA/HEA Pension Plan
Hugh Wright, Partner, McInnes Cooper
Todd Saulnier, Senior Consultant, Mercer
ACPM Members = COMPLIMENTARY
Plan Sponsor* non-Members = $30.00 plus applicable taxes
Non-Members - $50.00 plus applicable taxes
* = Plan Sponsor, Administrators, Trustees and Government Employees
To Register for this important video conference, please click HERE.
This program is eligible for CE/CPD hours. For more information, consult with your professional association.
IMPORTANT: IF YOUR REGISTRATION IS COMPLIMENTARY ($0 BALANCE), PLEASE SELECT 'CHEQUE' AS YOUR METHOD OF PAYMENT. Login information will be circulated closer to the date of the webinar.
Click HERE for more ACPM events information.
ONLINE EVENT SPONSORSHIP - ACPM will be conducting numerous online video events featuring a wide variety of topics over the next several months and there are individual or bundled Sponsorship opportunities. ACPM events provide your organization with a high degree of corporate profile to senior management professionals in the retirement income industry. Please click HERE for more information or contact Judy Lei, Manager, Operations and Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACPM will be providing numerous video conferences and webinars during the year. Become an ACPM Member and they're all FREE. Click HERE for Membership details.
Thank you to our Sponsors !