An ACPM Alberta Regional Council Event
Improving the Alberta
Thursday, Sept. 15, 2016
1) Plan Funding – Long term vs. Short term solutions
This session will review key Alberta pension issues using facilitated discussions. Participants will have the opportunity to bring their ideas and feedback to ACPM to feed national and provincial advocacy efforts. The format will allow pension professionals to engage with their peers in small groups to share ideas and concerns and bring Alberta issues to the forefront. Tables will be organized by topic and questions to prompt discussion will be provided at the session. The following topics, including sample discussion questions, will be covered:
2) Alberta’s Administrative Assessment Requirements
- Do solvency moratoriums accomplish what plan sponsors need or should the focus be on moving to long term strategies faster?
- Following Québec’s lead, is now the time to depart from the current solvency regime?
3) Considerations for DC Plans
- Is the view that this is a minimum compliance exercise or will the focus be on enhancement of overall governance?
- Is the CAPSA self-assessment questionnaire enough to meet the Alberta requirements
- Considering the current environment (downsizing, low interest rates, CPP change, volatile market, fiduciary requirements) are any changes required to better manage/govern DC plans?
- With the focus on Income Adequacy vs. Wealth Accumulation in DC plans, how do you see DC plan risks changing?
Registrants are to rank the topics in order of preference on the online registration form. Seating will be arranged accordingly. (We will try to accommodate your first choice but cannot guarantee it)
DATE: Thursday, Sept. 15, 2016
3:00-4:00pm: Presentations & Discussions (snacks & refreshments)
4:00pm-5:00pm: Reception & Networking (appetizers & one free alcoholic drink+cash bar)
Lawson Lundell LLP
3rd Floor; 205-5th Avenue S.W.
Bow Valley Square 2
Chris Brown, CEO, LAPP (Local Authorities Pension Plan); Director, ACPM Board of Directors
Carol Field, VP Human Resources, ATCO and Canadian Utilities; Director, ACPM Board of Directors; Chair, ACPM Alberta Regional Council
To Register now, click HERE. Space is Limited!
ACPM Member: $60.00 + 5% GST = $63.00
Non-member: $100.00 + 5% HST = $105.00
Thank you to Event Sponsor