for Plan Member Communications
Whether you have a Defined Benefit or a Defined Contribution (Capital Accumulation) Plan, communicating with plan members is a legislative requirement for Plan Administrators. It can present a big challenge when it comes to ensuring plan members are receiving the message, understanding the message and taking the appropriate action on the message. The rise of electronic communications in the not so recent past has added another layer of complexity to this topic for Plan Administrators to consider.
In some cases, Plan Administrators are even moving towards making electronic communications the default. Traditional paper based communications combined with more modern electronic communications offer Plan Administrators options in terms of developing an effective communication strategy for their plan and its members, but many questions may still remain.
- How effective are your member communications?
- How frequently are you communicating and what types of communications are you pushing out?
- What is your default (paper or electronic) and is it the right fit for your membership and is it having the intended impact?
- Are you taking advantage of the different communication tactics and focusing on different communication topics?
- Are there some topics that are considered offside?
- Are you looking for ways to evolve your communication strategy and do you understand the do’s and don’ts?
- Do you know your regulatory and legal requirements and are you following best practice standards for member communication?
In this session, we will tackle the topic of member communication to provide helpful perspective, insight and guidance that can be applied to any communication plan. Hearing both from a pension legal expert who will discuss the spirit of the legislation concerning plan member communication and a plan sponsor and their experience in developing and maintaining/evolving their communication plan.
Blair Richards, CEO, Halifax Port ILA/HEA Pension Plan
Hugh Wright, Partner, McInnes Cooper
DATE: This event has been postponed - new date to come
LOCATION: The Barrington Hotel, 1875 Barrington Street, Halifax, NS
Members: $80.00 + 15% GST = $92.00
Plan Sponsor* Members: $60.00 + 15% GST = $69.00
Non-members: $130.00 + 15% GST = $ 149.50
Plan Sponsor* Non-Members: $110.00 + 15% GST = $126.50
Table of Six: $480.00 + 15% GST = $552.00 (Sold out)
Plan Sponsor* table of six: $360.00 + 15% GST = $414.00 (Sold out)