ACPM’s privacy practices are consistent with the 10 guiding principles of PIPEDA and are as follows:
Except as permitted by law, we will obtain your consent if we collect, use or disclose your Personal Information for purposes other than the ones outlined above.
3. Consent: Your provision of Personal Information to ACPM means that you agree and consent that we may collect, use and disclose your Personal Information in accordance with this policy.
4. Limiting Collection: We will not collect your Personal Information for purposes other than those identified above without your consent or except as provided for and in accordance with Privacy Laws.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Except as provided in this policy, ACPM does not sell, rent or lease Personal Information to any third parties. ACPM requires all of its third party agents to adhere to strict privacy and security standards. From time to time, ACPM may partner with other organizations in order to provide our members with other benefits and services. If you do not wish your personal information to be given to such partnering organizations, please inform the Privacy Officer, in writing, of your request to be removed from such lists. If required by law, ACPM will disclose the Personal Information that it is obligated to disclose as a result of a valid legal enquiry or order.
6. Accuracy: ACPM is committed to ensuring to the best of their ability that your Personal Information is as up-to-date, accurate and complete as necessary for the purposes for which ACPM uses that data. You can correct any Personal Information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date by sending a written request to our Privacy Officer.
7. Safeguards: ACPM uses technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the Personal Information we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorized persons. Only trained and essential ACPM employees or their agents have access to Personal Information. ACPM’s security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available; however, we cannot absolutely guarantee that the information submitted, maintained or transmitted by electronic means will be completely secure.
8. Openness: If you have questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information by ACPM you may contact our Privacy Officer. Requests for access should be made in writing to the attention of the Privacy Officer at the address below. Files containing personal information are physically stored at the ACPM’s National Office identified below, and may additionally be stored at an off-site storage facility. Electronic files are stored on a computer server resident at the ACPM’s office located at 1255 Bay Street, Suite 304, Toronto, Ontario.
9. Access: ACPM will respond to requests for access in accordance with applicable Privacy Laws. You may request access to your Personal Information at any time by submitting a written request to our Privacy Officer. ACPM will require a fee in order to respond to an access request, such fee to be set from time to time by the National Office. ACPM will only refuse access to Personal Information in those circumstances permitted or required by applicable Privacy Laws. If ACPM refuses access, it will provide the reasons for its refusal.
10. Challenging Compliance: If you are dissatisfied with ACPM’s handling of Personal Information, you may make a written complaint to the Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer will investigate the matter and take corrective action where necessary. The Privacy Officer will report back to you and advise you of any steps taken to correct the problem. If you are still dissatisfied with the response from ACPM, you may make a written complaint to the federal or provincial Privacy Commissioner (where applicable).
Privacy Officer: Bryan Hocking, CEO
Address: 1255 Bay Street, Suite 304, Toronto, ON M5R 2A9
The Association of Canadian
Pension Management (ACPM)
1255 Bay Street, Suite 304
Toronto, Ontario M5R 2A9, Canada
© 2013 ACPM | All Rights Reserved
Site by Inorbital