The biggest pension plans and investment manager in the province believe that companies that do a good job of managing environmental, social, and governance (ESG) matters have less risk and perform better financially over the longer term.
Our distinguished panel will look at the subject of responsible investing from three different perspectives:
- Lawyer – Shawn Hatch, Hatch Law
- Asset owner – Gary Yee, Municipal Pension Board of Trustees
- Investment manager – Bryan Thomson, bcIMC
The panel will discuss a broad range of issues, including:
- What does it mean to be a responsible investor?
- When is it appropriate to take ESG considerations into account in investment decisions?
- What role should asset owners play in responsible investing?
- What role does ESG play in investment decisions, proxy voting, company engagement and public policy development?
- How are pension plans coping with divestment campaigns?
DATE: Thursday, September 28th
LOCATION: Four Seasons Hotel, 791 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC
Perry Teperson, Portfolio Manager, Leith Wheeler Investment Counsel Ltd.
7:15am-7:45am – Registration and Hot Breakfast
7:45am-9:15am – Presentations and Panelists
Shawn Hatch, Lawyer, Hatch Law
Gary Yee, Chair, Municipal Pension Board of Trustees
Bryan Thomson, Senior Vice President, Public Equities, bcIMC